Sunday, May 24, 2015

New Work Available as Prints

I've made some of my studies and new pieces available as prints on Fine Art America.  Here is how it works:  you go to my page; then click on the image you want to view:
"89/100", 9"x12", acrylic and crayon on paper

You choose among framing and format options.

And then you can choose the size.
One benefit of purchasing prints rather than originals is that you get to choose the size.  The original of this piece is 9"x12", but you can get it as large as 36"x48". 

I have been pondering the issue of scale.  Often I see a piece of my own work or that of a student, and think:  this would be FABULOUS at a drastically larger scale.  But how do you DO that??  I also find interesting the juxtaposition of dramatically contrasting scales - teeny tiny marks next to great big marks.  In my studio I am investigating both of these ideas.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Here are a few more of the new pieces now available as prints:




7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scale is a great theme! I´m always amazed with the outcome when I take a photo of my work, put it into Photoshop and play around with the size of the image. One painting can make up several other paintings. Greeting from Germany ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will add some of these to my wish list. Scale is a good topic, I am afraid of working large.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous Jane-and it is SO nice to have such choices in size!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice paintings! The platform you chose to sell them on seems to have complimented them well. Seeing how the details of your work can easily be seen on the website, I'm sure more of your buyers will love your artworks even more. After all, the details of your artworks are just amazing. I'm not surprised if the store is overflowing with customers. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Jane! More power to you! :)

    Chris Hatcher @ Red Stick SEO

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!