|The Blank Page on one of my new moveable walls in the studio|
|I rarely start with collage on pieces this size, so I thought I'd give it a try.|
|The first layers of paint|
|I began adding some drawing and dripping|
|More collage, more paint, more drawing, finding possible shapes|
|Trying out some big black lines|
|And a bit more graphite drawing|
|...uh...maybe not; let's see what happens when I cover over more of the bright stuff|
|And then reveal some of it|
|Now I have no idea where I am or where I'm going, but I sure do have a lot of possibilities, a lot to play with.|
Materials and Tools:
- 300 pound watercolor paper substrate
- Collage papers, both hand-painted and found
- Acrylic paints (see Favorite Materials)
- Graphite, Pitt Pens, and watercolor crayons (ditto)
- Brushes, palette knives, etc. (ditto)
- A whole lot of letting go of: attachment to outcome, worrying about "wasting" materials, or any desire to be efficient with my time.
- Curiosity, a lot of "what if?"
- Absence of desire to "finish" or to "make it work" or "resolve"; just the question: what next?