Friday, June 28, 2013

Expressive Collage and Painting at Omega

As you may know, I am teaching at the Omega Institute this fall, September 22 - 27.  The workshop is called Expressive Collage, and you can find the description here.  This will be like an extended version of Scribble Collage, the topic of my DVD:  we'll start by creating our own collage papers, then use those to make compositions in collage and paint.  I emphasize focusing on process, and working in series, as well as developing personal approaches to art making.

This is my first attempt at a video with voice-over (rather than talking as I shoot, as I do in my demo videos), but I hope it gets the point across.

Omega is in the Hudson Valley, in Upstate New York, and has a beautiful campus, with a lake and hiking trails. There are yoga classes open to all, and serene places to meditate or have some quiet time.  This will be a true retreat!

12 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to take this workshop, can you bring it to the west coast???
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! My Abstract Painting workshop at Pacific Northwest Art School on Whidbey Island is similar. Four days. It is full for this year (July), but I'll be offering it again next May. Put yourself on my mailing list (it's under "subscribe to" and above "Blick Art Materials" over in the right margin: "Join Our Mailing List". You will get my monthly updates on workshops and other news.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jane, I think I am already on your mailing list, so will keep an eye out for the class listing, very excited to hear this!!!....Anna

      Delete
  2. Oh my...if only this was an online workshop! ....or perhaps you might be coming to Australia sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful voice over, Jane, beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how I would love to attend, but not able to -- perhaps an online class -- I love your inspiring videos and tutorials --

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your voice over was perfect! You captured just about every studio emotion in picture and voice - and it makes a huge impression. I know the workshop will be a rewarding experience for students and teacher, and that's the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane did very ell with this voice over thing. :)Hope calls goes ell wish I could be there,
    Have a great day,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This video provides the most informative information about painting. It is very helpful for me, thanks for sharing with us.
    buy art supplies online

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great demo and Beautiful voice over! Looking forward to this workshop.:-) Thank You, tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to join the chorus of voices for an online class! Please consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You so eloquently and accurately voiced my inner voices! I've loved your work for so long Jane. I also hope you'll one day offer an online class.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!