Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Won A Scholarship!!!



I am so thrilled to announce that I won a scholarship to take a 5-day intensive encaustics workshop with Daniella Woolf this coming January through North Country Studio Workshops. NCSW offers workshop for professional artists at an advanced level, once a year, at Bennington Collage, in Bennington, Vermont. The facilities there are fantastic, and all the students are gone for the winter term, so we have the place to ourselves. Check out Daniella's website as well as her book and DVD, "Encaustic with a Textile Sensibility". And check out NCSW for future workshops.

Both images posted here are from Daniella's web site.

10 comments:

  1. Many congratulations on winning a scholarship Jane...very well done. I have checked out the links and can see how excited you must be, if only I could teleport myself to it...ho hum!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy Jane... well done!!!! A fabulous prospect for you. No wonder you're excited... enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats.....wow what a great thing to win. Enjoyxxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great opportunity. Way to go Jane!
    See you in Oct. at IAI.
    patq

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, girl. You're on a roll! Congratulations for two reasons - #1: They obviously made a terrific choice, and they couldn't find anyone who would enjoy it more or make better use of what she learns; and #2: I'll bet you'll find some way to share your new knowledge with US!

    You've had a great few months. You (mostly) missed the flood, you married your sweetie, you have a new DVD coming out, and now you're winning a scholarship to do something new and fun! CONGRATULATIONS! - big time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations with this wonderful and exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS! I love her work. I am sure you will make some beautiful encaustic together.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!