Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fabric Collage


Just yesterday I was browsing blogs and found a little tutorial on fabric scrap collages. Not that I've never done this before, but somehow at that moment, a simple, straightforward project was just what I needed. I used a floral upholstery-weight fabric for the background, some tea towel fabric, my own hand-painted paper, and a few other snippets of this and that. After making the basic collage (fusing each piece down with fusible web) I stitched around the tea cup and saucer and painted the background and tablecloth. The little tea tag hangs off the collage. The reverse side says "Smile". Right now I'm about to make some collage samples for a workshop I'm giving on Saturday at Ink About It, called Painting with Paper. Tomorrow evening I'm giving an evening workshop on how to write a book proposal. Both workshops filled up quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!